Friday, February 02, 2007

Link Love (UPDATED)

Okay, this is something that I should’ve done a long time ago if only I wasn’t too lazy to do it. It’s called link love.

If you’re a blogger or blog savvy enough, you’ll know that blogs nowadays get popular through links. The unwritten rule is that if someone is kind enough to link to you, you should link back to repay the kindness. Some would say that’s a bad thing since this link favor system is forcing the actual quality of articles and posts to take the backseat, which would explain the popularity link-wise of some blogs that are actually internet garbage. If you spend your days posting nothing more significant than blow-by-blow accounts of how you collect navel lint, and then stomping all over the blogosphere to exchange links with similarly vapid bloggers, you’ll eventually find through Technorati that hundreds of blogs link to you. About roughly the same amount of links on your blog’s sidebar. That would be cool if those people actually read your blog and if you actually read theirs. Chances are, neither of you do.

I don’t want to be part of that fiasco. My philosophy is that I’ll link only to blogs that I actually read. If you’ve somehow stumbled into this little corner of the blogosphere and decide to link to me with the expectation that I’ll link back to you, let me bid you a hearty

That way, I can be assured that the people who view and/or link to my blogs are actually interested in what I have to say.

That said, I’d like to introduce you to some blogs and sites that I do visit or that I’m associated with. I can’t put these links up on The Salamander since my free account on Friendster Blogs doesn’t let me mess around a lot with the template. Rest assured, though, that I’ll put them up in my Songs of the Salamander sidebar sometime before the Second Coming of Jesus Christ. Drum rolls, please.

MY POSTS APPEAR IN:
The Salamander
Squid Versus Revolver
Songs of the Salamander
FilipinoWriter.com
The Man Blog
The Man Blog Forum
Pinoyblog

THE MAN BLOG RETARDS:
Mike “Fucking” Villar
Adam Mordo
Pau
Fritz
Señor Coco
Noisy, Noisy Ade
Balls of Steel
Squid Villanueva
Bigbaddie
Riffology
Miss Diss

BLOGGERS WHO GRUDGINGLY ADMIT I’M AWESOME:
Glitch
Glitch Again!
Hazel
Carlo
Gibbs Cadiz
Sativa Free
Mish
Fictionboy

That’s it. I regularly visit some other more famous sites but I won't bother mentioning them here since they don't need the promotion anymore. Now despite being the most awesome creature ever to walk the face of the earth I am still human and fallible. Much less fallible than other mortals, surely, but fallable still. And so I probably overlooked some sites and blogs. If I’ve somehow overlooked you (I say sorry) or you want me to link to you because you think you’re awesome enough, drop a comment with your site’s URL. If you’re not awesome but are willing to pay me money to link to you, you’ll find me a very accommodating whore indeed so, again, drop a comment with your URL. Pay me enough and I’ll electronically sing praises about you every day for the rest of my life.

And...

If you’re a girl, anywhere between eleven and twenty-five years of age, cute, and willing to let me have my filthy way with your supple young body anytime I want to until such a time as I grow tired of you or you grow too old for my taste (whichever comes first), email me your phone number, a recent full body picture, and a close-up picture. My email addy’s “squid [underscore] villanueva [at] yahoo [dot] com” ait? I suppose you could include your blog’s URL too so that I can link to it and pretend to read it.

UPDATE:

I'm a lazy bastard and I should have updated this list a long time ago. Anyway, here are more link love. Again, if you want me to link to you just email me or comment on this post.

MORE BLOGGERS WHO GRUDGINGLY ADMIT I’M AWESOME:
Midori
Paolo
Ianuarius
Sharonjoy
Lizette
Xtina
Jayvee
Rikki
rbolsqp
Cenon
Monochromaniac
Disciple to None
Nightdreamer
Euri
Esqueleto

There ya go.

No comments:

Post a Comment