Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Thou Shalt Not Post Thy Stupid Poetry on the Innurnet

For lack of anything worthwhile to say to the world, I hereby assault you with bad poetry.

ARKANA

Lumapit ka kaibigan at dinggin ang kwento ko
Nangarap ang propeta na tayo’y naging abo
Anino ng diwata ay nag-aanyong apoy
Sa tore ng tahimik may kalis ng panaghoy
Lumapit ka kaibigan at dinggin ang kwento ko
Bulong-bulong sa hangin na tatangis ang mundo
Sa duyan ng makata ang buwitre’y hihimbing
Magunaw man ang langit ay hindi magigising
Lumapit ka kaibigan at dinggin ang kwento ko
Ang templo’y itinirik na sa bubog at buto
Handog ay karunungan sa isipan ng mulat
Gugulong daw ang luhang maghuhugas sa lahat
Lumapit ka kaibigan at dinggin ang kwento ko
Nangarap ang propeta na tayo’y naging abo
Anino ng diwata ay nag-aanyong apoy
Sa tore ng tahimik may kalis ng panaghoy

INVISIBLE MAN

I woke up one morning and walked in the rain
You came up to me and you sold me your pain
Hey king of the gutter hey lord of the flies
Oh what have you seen in this city of lies?
They offer you Jesus, you ask them for bread
You don’t think of God when you live like the dead
Hey king of the gutter hey lord of the flies
Oh what have you seen in this city of lies?
So little for many so much for the few
And Johnny Nobody, ain’t nothing for you
Hey king of the gutter hey lord of the flies
Oh what have you seen in this city of lies?
So laugh like a jackal and rattle your can
For nobody sees the invisible man
Hey king of the gutter hey lord of the flies
Oh what have you seen in this city of lies?
Hey king of the gutter hey lord of the flies
Oh what have you seen in this city of lies?

BUGTONG

katalik ang araw
bulong ay ginto
punebre ang awit
ang luha’y tanso
batas ng alipin
bangis ng ulol
bituin sa silangan
may tangang tambol
mata ng liwanag
anak ng buwan
kulog sa sikmura’y
mistulang bulkan
sayaw sa anino
awit sa dilim
may dilang matalas
may pusong itim
halik ni Bathala
taghoy ng laman
sutanang tinik ng
haring alakdan
tulang mahiwaga
bahid ng tanong
kayong matatapang
dinggin ang bugtong


Come back later in the week. Perhaps I'll have something for you. Now go bother someone else. People here maybe.

15 comments:

  1. Hi. My name is Jerome Herrera. I have a forum called Penster Online. It is a forum where Filipino writers can improve their writing skills and talk
    to each other. The main goal of the forum is to find the writer in every Filipino. I was wondering if you are interested in exchanging links. Penster Online
    can be found at http://www.pensteronline.com If you are interested, please email me at jeromeherrera2006@gmail.com with the title of your blog/website and the
    address. Thanks and God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi. My name is Jerome Herrera. I have a forum called Penster Online. It is a forum where Filipino writers can improve their writing skills and talk
    to each other. The main goal of the forum is to find the writer in every Filipino. I was wondering if you are interested in exchanging links. Penster Online
    can be found at http://www.pensteronline.com If you are interested, please email me at jeromeherrera2006@gmail.com with the title of your blog/website and the
    address. Thanks and God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Because you posted the same message twice on my blog and because you never even pretended to be commenting on my post I call the curse of the Great Old Ones upon you. May your eternal soul be tormented by Shub-Niggurath and Her Thousand Young.

    Iä! Shub-Niggurath!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I never had the chance to see Shaman With A Gun, but Mr. Squid Villanueva, your poems are great! I already know how your blog entries kick ass, but I never imagined you'd be kicking ass with your poems too! I hope you post more. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Uh, I'm sorry if I sounded like a gushing fan.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What's this with Mr. Squid Villanueva? This is the internet, man, call me Squid. And Shaman With a Gun was a repository of my (arguably) humorous short stories. You can still see these stories here:

    http://www.filipinowriter.com/node/220

    http://www.filipinowriter.com/node/154

    http://www.filipinowriter.com/node/588

    http://www.filipinowriter.com/salami-on-squeaky-leather-seats

    Thanks for visiting. Promise, I'll post more updates soon. I'm currently swamped with work.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope you have more squid vs. retards posts. I really like reading 'em. It puts pseudo-intellectuals in their rightful place. Akala mo kung sino sila makasalita. go squid!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I don't actively go out seeking retarded Internet arguments, alberto knox. There are a lot of stupid people on the internet and I'm not on a crusade to drive them away with snark. I just react when I'm attacked.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey man, would you mind if I use one of your poems? I have to make a campus journal thingy for my Filipino class and I have to include a poem. Mind if I print Bugtong?

    ReplyDelete
  10. I found this site using [url=http://google.com]google.com[/url] And i want to thank you for your work. You have done really very good site. Great work, great site! Thank you!

    Sorry for offtopic

    ReplyDelete
  11. Who knows where to download XRumer 5.0 Palladium?
    Help, please. All recommend this program to effectively advertise on the Internet, this is the best program!

    ReplyDelete