Monday, May 31, 2010

Lord Jeremiah Faulkerson's Last Letter to His Mistress, Jessica Smee

The following is Lord Jeremiah Faulkerson's last letter to his mistress, Jessica Smee:

May 28, 1797

My Dearest Jessica:

Permit me this last act of foolishness, since I've nothing more to lose:

I once thought I was wise, that I knew all there was to know about love.

Its shape and color.

The sound of its voice and the taste of its skin.

The logic of its madness and the laws that govern its power.

I once thought I was wise, that I knew all there was to know about love.

Until I met love.

She was a child wrapped in woman.

She moved slowly and yet with grace, her every angle breathtaking.

She laughed easily and she laughed like a man.

She wept easily and she wept like a woman.

Her eyes held adoration.

Her mouth held passion.

Her hands held temptation.

She was chaste yet her flesh was a beast, a banquet for all of my senses.

She wasn't wise yet she soon will be.

I knew her more than she knew herself.

I was a teacher, a father, a brother, a friend, and a lover.

She took me to soaring, impossible heights and she brought me to my knees.

I once thought that I was wise, that I knew all there was to know about love.

Now, I know a little better.

I'm truly sorry, my love.

Yours Forever,
Jeremiah

The following is Jessica Smee's reply:

May 29, 1797

Everdearest Jeremiah:

Drop dead.

Sincerely,
Jessica

No comments:

Post a Comment