Saturday, May 01, 2010

Thoughts of Rain: The Just and the Unjust

Because the rains have started, let me quote the Gospel according to Matthew:

"He causes his sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous."

Now some people think this means God lets his Word reach everyone, good or evil, so we may all use our free will to follow the path of the righteous or not.

I beg to disagree.

I think this means good things and bad things happen to everyone. Good fortune is not the reward for good people and bad fortune is not the punishment for bad people.

Remember the story of Job? Basically God tells Job: shut the fuck up, dude, your life will unfold as I see fit and you have neither the right to ask me why nor the power to change it.

The rain falls on the righteous and the unrighteous.

Now ask me again why I have started living my life as if there is no God.

No comments:

Post a Comment