Saturday, May 01, 2010

The Word According to Squid Part 4

On Failure

Some people deserve to fail.

On Dignity

You hear that? That's the sound of my dignity trying to climb back onto my shoulders.

On Work

You know what it says on the gates of the Nazi concentration camps? Arbeit Macht Frei (Work Makes You Free). Now let's go back to work, fellow slaves.

On Treasures

Never forget: your only real treasure is dignity. You start selling that and you're truly wretched.

On Lovers and Friends

Old lovers can be good friends. Old friends are usually bad lovers.

On the Breast Stroke

I learned the breast stroke when I was a kid. Haven't stopped stroking breasts ever since.

On Superior Intellect

People should listen to me more. I have the answer to everything. If I don't know the answer, I'd make something up. If people would just stop thinking for themselves and surrender their will to me, the world will be a much brighter place, you know.

On Ignorance and Wisdom

Strangely, some people pursue ignorance with the same hunger others pursue wisdom.

On Love and Art

Love, like art, is much easier to define based on what it isn't than on what it actually is.

On Real Life

Someone asked me if I'm as retarded in real life as on the 'Net. Since I didn't know how to answer it: nervous laughter.

On Friendship

There are those who define friends as "people I can use".

On News

I just realized that my prime source of news is Facebook and Twitter. That's just sad.

On Sashimi

Call me a brute, call me uncultured, and call me an indio if you will: that sashimi I ate was fucking disgusting.

On Expectations

Having no expectations means you won't get disappointed. It also means you don't have any right to hope.

Wind

The cool mountain wind passes through the silent cottage like a sighing phantom. We speak of secrets.Yes, the videoke machine is broken.

On Friendship Again

Reconnecting with college buds has made me realize I should cherish those who deserve what I give and forgive those who are ungrateful.

On The Barong Tagalog

Note: the Barong Tagalog wasn't designed to flatter the male body.

On the Messiah

I am my own Messiah.

On Apotheosis

Be your own god.

On Human Nature.

Be an animal.

On Faith

It's not that I don't believe God exists. It's just that I don't believe in him anymore.

On Lies

I wish I was dumb enough to believe the lies I asked for.

On Painful Truths

Shelter me from what will hurt me. Lie, if you must. Hide the blade until the last moment. And I shall take comfort in a handful of dust.

On Pity

Don't you think I deserve what you can still give when you have taken so so much?

On Human Beauty

Look at the human body close enough and you will find nothing beautiful about it.

On Grief and Guilt

My grief is greater than my guilt.

On Self-Help Articles

Reading some self-help articles on the 'Net has convinced me: I am one of the most evil people on the planet.

On Dreams

I dreamt I was being chased by zombies. I woke up hyperventilating. It was awesome.

On Need and Love

Being needed is a pale imitation of being loved but I'll take what I can get.

On the Human Heart

How can something as fragile as the human heart bear the weight of being broken and not turn to stone?

On the Nature of Love

Love is a beast.

On Love Lost

Cheap likker, my long lost love.

No comments:

Post a Comment